Racepak.com

Data Acquisition, Performance Instrumentation & Power Distribution
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Datalink II Update
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:24 am 

Any news on a new version that allows users to create custom pages? Some of us despite paying good money for the IQ3 dash don't have a Security Key to use custom pages hence making the software almost useless.

I notice in the price list that there is a cost to go from LTE to STD, however the IQ3 says it comes with DatalinkII software but does not say that it is limited in anyway. Again I express my disappointment in a great product (IQ3) with is let down by 'cripplewear'.

Post subject: Re: Datalink II Update
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:52 am 

I think if you check the update from Lite software to Standard software is for the actual logger itself & not the dash, it enables you to create math's channels

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:45 am 

I just spent the past few days at World time Attack 2016 (Sydney Australia) looking at the Motec i2 Pro software over the shoulder of a race engineer. I felt so jealous of what he could do with the software and as previously mentioned if I knew the Datalink II software was going to be so limited I would have chosen another product based purely on software.

Not sure if any other users of Racepak's software feel the same way, but any update would be appreciated. The dash is a great product let down by the software.

I could swap to the i2 Pro software but there is a yearly licence fee for both the software and the software to allow a racepak file to be used :( For 1 years use of the Motex software I could replace the IQ3 with a similar Motec solution and be ahead!

Is it possible to be given the Security Key to use custom pages?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:41 am 

Thanks for the message Tim.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 am 

Many thanks to Tim and Dan for helping me out! It would appear that Datalink II has the ability to be very useful!