Racepak.com

Data Acquisition, Performance Instrumentation & Power Distribution
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:54 am 

pressing the 'view video' button gives me the little popup window, but only the 'close' button is available - sync/play and time offest are all grayed out. i do see a total time next to the close button. i've tried both the original unedited mp4 straight off my gopro and an edited wmv - both produce the same result. trackvision is installed (demo version) on this machine, a win7 x64 box. i've tried uninstalling/reinstalling about a dozen times, removing the c:\racepak and c:\program files (x86)\datalink directories between uninstall/reinstall, etc. this is a new laptop, never had datalink or trackvision installed. any suggestions?

ahm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm 

Sir,

What version Data Link II are you using? Try downloading the latest version off our website in the downloads section. You may have a corrupt file in the version you have now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm 

i've got 3.8.6 installed on two different boxes, both exhibit the same behavior. i've now realized i'm having issues importing data at all. my g2x appears to be recording (i've got files of reasonable size on the card), and when i open them via 'new download', it seems to open the DDF fine, but then right clicking on the tab shows one 'unverified lap'. this ALSO occurs on both computers.

can i email you one or two of the data files for you to confirm if they are intact or not?

ahm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm 

just to circle back, i dug around and found an old copy of the software - 3.1.1 - and it seems to at least work with the data w/o issue. something is funky with the new version of datalink it seems...

ahm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:20 pm 

Im also having this problem.

As soon as i click 'Import Video' a window pops up saying 'DataLinkII MFC application has stopped working' with the only options 'check for a solution and close the program' or just 'close the program'

I just uninstalled an older version datalink on this pc, and installed the new 3.8.6, (I usualy use my laptop for datalink setup ect, but will use this pc for the video side and data review) and have also just installed trackvision 2.2 (demo for now)

During the setup of the new datalink i did select the iq3 file ect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm 

is there a phone support number that can be reached? i really want to continue using my g2x, but these software problems are making it a tough sell. traqmate is all over my competitors and i don't want to change, but if the system doesn't work...i don't seem to have much choice.

ahm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:53 pm 

there is definately something wrong with 3.8.6. i reverted to 3.7.5, and while i've still got video issues, at least my data analysis works. i confirmed this on 3 different computers - something is wrong with it.

ahm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 am 

I updated to 3.8.6 5 minutes ago to see if maybe my avchd video would be supported now. I clicked import video and datalink closed. Repeated same result.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm 

With 3.8.6, when I click on "import video" I get "out of memory." - it doesn't crash, but I can't load a video file. When I open an old runfile with sync'ed video, and try to play it, I get "Failed to set window position! hr=-x800004002."

Any news on this?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 pm 

I have the same problem as widemr. Datalink crash everytime I try to import.