Racepak.com

Data Acquisition, Performance Instrumentation & Power Distribution
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:17 am 

Couldn't find this in FAQ or any searches.

99% of the time I want my view options to be "Segment X" and "Channel Mirroring" Likewise 99% of the time I want my Settings for "Scaling set" to be my defined (and saved) scaling.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to make these settings as default when either downloading a new dataset (a .ddf file) or re-opening a previously saved .rpk file. Those setting are always lost and I have to reset them. Bummer.

I've tired defining those settings in a saved Configuration file (.rcg file), but they don't carry over into a new .ddf download. And as I said, when re-opening a .rpk file those settings are not saved with it.

Is there some other way to manage those settings as default for new files and to be retained in opening an existing file?????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 pm 

Anyone home? Posted this question almost a month ago. No response form anyone, users or moderator.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:40 pm 

You can't make it default to this, and it doesn't remember previously used settings.

Datalink has its routes in some home made software from about 1988, and is now far and away the worst bit of data analysis software available. Even the really cheap DAQ hardware has better software. Sad, but true. I maintain that the Racepak hardware is great though.

The thing to do, really, is to export your data in ASCII format, and use something like Motec i2 or Bosch WinDarab that can import ascii data. More hassle, more software, more cost (perhaps), but quite possibly worth it.