Racepak.com

Data Acquisition, Performance Instrumentation & Power Distribution
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 am 

I have a G2X red that I bought used from someone. It seems to work great and logs the data OK, but some things don't work on the dash. When I'm in the pits, I cannot cycle through my laps using the left and right buttons. Also, I was instructing another fellow and his had predictive lap times in Display 3. I don't have that and my L Diff has never shown anything other than "0". I must need to do something, but what?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 am 

Make sure you are setting S/F either using the dash buttons or uploading it by the memory card. The predictive lap timing will not work unless a Start/Finish marker is set. Could be the same reasons why your not getting lap times displayed on your dash when you try to toggle through.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 am 

Sure. I did that. I have used it at mid ohio and summit point. The fact i can't even cycle the laptimes in the oits makes me think something is set up wrong inside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 pm 

VaSteve wrote:
I have a G2X red that I bought used from someone. It seems to work great and logs the data OK, but some things don't work on the dash. When I'm in the pits, I cannot cycle through my laps using the left and right buttons. Also, I was instructing another fellow and his had predictive lap times in Display 3. I don't have that and my L Diff has never shown anything other than "0". I must need to do something, but what?

Thanks

Do you have an RPM input?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm 

jeffw wrote:
Do you have an RPM input?

Yes, I pull the input off one of the wires to (or from) the DME.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm 

Couple questions just so we are on the same page,

So in the pits, at a complete stop with engine off, you cannot review laptimes on your display?

And, while running on track, you set the S/F and you know that works, and the G2X does display your laptime each time you cross S/F correct? But you are just not getting the predictive lap timing, right? This might just be a setting but I just want to make sure before suggesting something that is not your issue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:27 pm 

jackhs wrote:
So in the pits, at a complete stop with engine off, you cannot review laptimes on your display?

Correct.

jackhs wrote:
And, while running on track, you set the S/F and you know that works, and the G2X does display your laptime each time you cross S/F correct? But you are just not getting the predictive lap timing, right? This might just be a setting but I just want to make sure before suggesting something that is not your issue.

Correct. No predictive lap times (DISP 3) and no "difference from best lap" (L Diff).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:44 pm 

Can you maybe take a screenshot of your G2X Dash setup page? Here is how mine looks, (I've since upgraded to a IQ3 but this is my old G2X config file).

Attachment:
g2xdashsetup.PNG
g2xdashsetup.PNG [ 63.99 KiB | Viewed 4327 times ]

I have predictive lap timing setup on Display 1, and also I see an option for Lap Timing review mode - should be set to enabled.

Any way to throw the logger on the floor or seat of your street car and drive around couple blocks while setting a S/F along your route? I did this to test mine out before. Sorry other than what I already suggested, - no more ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 pm 

Do I need to connect to the unit to review that screen? As in, do I need to use the laptop and drag it out to the car? Not sure if I can get to it tonight.

My car has tags so once I figure this out, I can easily drive around "test circuit" and test lap times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm 

If you have been keeping the two synced (your logger and your pc) and you have been thorough about it, you can just load the file from your PC and it will match.

BUT if you have been working with the default configuration on your PC and have never synced the two together, then yes, you would have to connect your laptop to the logger.

OH BTW the L.Diff screen - i never used. It doesn't do predictive lap timing, I don't even remember what that screen does. I think it just compares your last lap time and leaves the difference up on the display the whole lap?